The Law Of God
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and showing mercy unto thousands of them that love Me, and keep my commandments.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain.
4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God; in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day; wherefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day, and hallowed it.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother; that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor’s. Exodus 20:1-18
The Law of God
1. Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and Him only shalt thou serve. Matthew 4:10
2. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device. I John 5:21; Acts 17:29
3. That the name of God and His doctrine be not blasphemed. I Timothy 6:1
4. Pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day. The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath; therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. For He spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, and God did rest the seventh day from all his works. There remaineth therefore a keeping of a Sabbath to the people of God, for he that is entered into His rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His. For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven and that are in earth. Matthew 24:20; Mark 2:27,28; Hebrews 4:4,9,10, margin; Colossians 1:16
5. Honor thy father and thy mother. Matthew 19:19
6. Thou shalt not kill. Romans 13:9
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Matthew 19:18
8. Thou shalt not steal. Romans 13:9
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Romans 13:9
10. Thou shalt not covet. Romans 7:7
Real freedom and peace of mind comes from obeying our heavenly Father. As we look at each commandment, we can see that if we obey it, we will grow to love God more, and we will grow to love those that we come in contact with each day, more. Just think of how happy that would make God. And, think of the joy it would bring to everyone on this planet if we all kept the Ten Commandments. Do you think the reason for all the pain and suffering in this world is because people do not obey God’s rules?
- “That we should be to the praise of his g...
- I saw all heaven is interested in our salvation...
- In the plan of redemption a place is allotted t...
- “Judge not, that ye be not judged. For w...
- “Study to shew thyself approved unto God,...
- This just makes sense to me. Does it make sen...
- Friend, as you study God’s word, may the ...
- We need to have more of Jesus, and far less of ...
- Christ arose from the dead as the first fruits ...
- The one thing essential for us in order that we...