- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We are the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act‘).
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect the following information from you from your personal profile and other forms used on our site (the ‘Site‘):
– Contact Information including City and Country and Email Address
– Demographic Information such as Zip Code (Postal Code), Preferences and Interests
– And other information relevant to providing services, surveys and/or offers
– We may also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
– Information from your web-based email accounts (including your profile picture and other publicly visible information) if you agree to add the Site’s email address to the contact lists stored at your email provider’s website.
– Your location according to the IP address assigned to your PC by your Internet Service Provider.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– Details of transactions you carry out through the Site, including any information we require to provide any products or services that you order from us through the Site.
– Website usage information is also collected using cookies (see below under ‘Cookies’ and ‘Log Files’).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use the information we hold about you in the following ways:
– To administer your user account with us (including notifying you of tips, announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this).
– To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Site.
– To allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site (including the features that require a mobile phone number).
– To help personalize your repeat visits to the Site.
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (see below under ‘Marketing by Us and Third Parties‘ for more information). Such information may be sent to you by email or by SMS (if you provided your mobile phone number).
– To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us.
– To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site.
– To carry out market analysis and research.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping
– Service offering
– We may use the information to improve our products and services
– We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT OTHERS
Some features of the Site allow you to share your Site experience with people you know (“your Contacts”), or to invite them to join the Site though Facebook, email, etc. When given the option to do so you can choose to upload your Contacts information; we will request their name and email address.
If you give us your password to upload these Contacts through a web based email provider we shall not store your password after you have uploaded your Contacts’ addresses.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION ABOUT OTHERS
If you choose to upload your Contact’s name and email address you are allowing us to send an email invitation on your behalf, inviting your Contact to join the Site.
We will store your Contact’s name and email address solely for the purposes of inviting them to join our Site and for associating your Contact with you and other people they may know.
If your Contact does not want us to store their email address which you uploaded to our Site, they can ask us to remove it by contacting us.
We will not store your Contacts information after invitations (up to a maximum of 3) have been sent. Your Contacts will then only receive future emails from us if they choose to accept the invitation and join our Site, or if you use any of our tools to share experiences with your Contacts and you input their email address for us to use again.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, the information we have collected about you will generally be one of the transferred business assets. Also in the unlikely event that we or our assets are purchased, your information will also be one of the transferred assets. We may share information about you with:
Other companies in our corporate group.
A buyer or prospective buyer of our business.
Our professional advisers, such as our lawyers, where it is necessary for them to advise us.
Other persons if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We may also share information about you with third parties that we engage to help us in certain areas, such as processing payments for services you order from us. However, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information by these third parties.
You authorize us to reproduce and broadcast the information contained in your profile including your name, photograph, “chat up line”, description etc. throughout all or part of our Company and Group’s services including our various internet sites and mobile sites.
We may also provide information about you to other users of the Site as reasonably required in order to provide the services that you order from us.
We would like to send you information about products and services offered by us and selected third parties that we think may be of interest to you. For that, the email address or mobile phone number you have provided can be used.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes please check the appropriate boxes situated in the ‘my account‘ area of the Site. You can also ask us to not to use your personal information, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, by contacting us.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal information is stored inside your personal profile.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or user ID code which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping the password and your User ID code confidential. We ask you not to share a password and User ID code with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
HOW TO CONTROL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at anytime by contacting us directly.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CORRECTION
All your personal information is stored in your personal profile and can be updated there. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. Please note that we may make a small charge for this service.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate at any time by contacting us.
MARKETING BY US AND THIRD PARTIES
We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may share it with our own companies or other third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you, or to help us prepare or share aggregate business and marketing reports. Your non-personal data may also be sold or otherwise provided to third parties for use by them for various purposes. You can opt out at anytime by contacting us.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN
We do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information via the Site you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.
Like many other Web sites, www.loveyoulordjesus.org makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
COOKIES AND WEB BEACONS
To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
To speed up your searches.
To recognize you when you return to the Site.
For further information about cookies visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites help files.
DOUBLECLICK DART COOKIE
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to www.loveyoulordjesus.org and other sites on the Internet.
www.loveyoulordjesus.org has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION TO SERVE ADS
We use third-party companies to serve ads and collect non-personally identifiable information (e.g., the pages you visit, and which links you click, which ads you see and click on, and the categories of search terms you enter) when you visit our web site. These companies may use the information outlined above (which does not include your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other web sites in order to provide advertisements about products and services of interest to you. These companies often use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS